Project HOPE is funded by Vera Ruttonjee Desai Charitable Fund with the aim to alleviate stress and provide assistance to arrestees (aged 60 or above) and their family members throughout prosecution processes and post-sentencing stage.
- - Provide referral services
- - Identify the needs of the service users and provide holistic care management throughout prosecution processes
- - Support elderly arrestees and their family members in responding to the psychological distress during legal processes
- - Enhance the community's knowledge in elderly crimes
- Arrestees and people (age 60 or above) in conflict with the law of Hong Kong and their family members
Scope of Service
Individual & Family Counselling and Supportive Program
- - Provide psychological assessment and counselling to elderly and their family to alleviate stress during prosecution processes
- - Assist their family members to manage their distress and understanding towards the needs of the elderly arrestees, include the understanding about elderly related psycho- social issues, dementia or the reasons of habitual offending problem.
- - Identify the needs of the service users and provide referral services to empower them to develop healthy lives with strengths, positive self-image and value to prevent
Professional assessment and support
- - Provide Psychological, Medical and Occupational assessment and treatment for service users who suffer from psychological, emotional or behavioral disturbances to help them regain positive energy in life and rebuild a healthy lifestyle.
Educational Programme and training:
- - Provide Educational Programme and training to help Stakeholders (family member, caregiver, NGOs Staff and general public) to understand elderly arrestees
Free Legal Service Scheme
- - Voluntary lawyers are invited to provide service users with legal advice, while our social workers assist them to complete legal procedures.
Free of Charge
Service Period July 2020 to June 2022
Applicant may submit the application directly or through referral made by other organizations/institutions.
Service can be terminated upon worker's professional judgment and mutual agreement made with the service users. Service users may terminate service voluntarily at any juncture of the service process.
Enquiries and Contact
Phone: (852) 2567 8530
Whatsapp：(852) 9031 1560
Fax：(852) 2784 5600
Address: Unit G4, G/F, Fu Tak House, Tai Wo Hau Estate, Kwai Chung, New Territories, Hong Kong